Yemeni Med-Dark (Vienna roast)
Hits that sweet spot between medium and dark. Brew a cup or even an espresso.
- You asked and we listened. For a limited time we're carrying this med-dark Vienna roast, which hits that sweet note between a bright medium and a roasty dark.
- Get 2 oz sample
- When brewed as a cup, this coffee has complex citrus & honey notes like our medium roast, and an edge of extra dark chocolate like our dark roast. Together, it whispers with a silky-sweet mouthfeel.
- As an espresso, we have modeled the roast after the traditional Italian espresso that U.S. servicemen drank during the Italian campaign of WWII. This means traditional rich, punchy, espresso that is perfect alone or in a cappuccino or latte. (looking for a bright, third-wave espresso? get our medium)
- Vienna Roast is named for the 1683 Siege of Vienna, when the Ottoman Turks were repelled from Europe. The green coffee they left behind was mistaken as camel fodder, until one Polish army officer said, No way; it's coffee!
- These beans are grown in Yemen's mountainous west at 1500 - 2100 meters. A network of small holder farmers meticulously grow and harvest this heirloom coffee by hand, and dry it in the sun—frequently on their rooftops—over 10+ days. Once dry, logistics is the name of the game. A system of donkeys to trucks brings the coffee to the city, where it is prepared for export. In sourcing this coffee, we aim for a consistent flavor profile from year to year. Our import partner has been working with this Yemeni business since 1989.
- Splurge and upgrade to our Reserve Medium or Dark
Veteran-owned small business Washington, DC S Stability Certified
View full product details